JSCAPE MFT Gateway
Reverse Proxy and Load Balancer
JSCAPE MFT Gateway is a high availability reverse proxy server and load balancer for use in streaming internal network services without opening inbound ports or storing sensitive information in the DMZ. As a software only solution JSCAPE MFT Gateway can stream virtually any network service, has installers available for all major platforms and is a key component in meeting government compliance requirements such as HIPAA, PCI and GLBA.
JSCAPE MFT Gateway is a perfect companion to JSCAPE MFT Server offering a secure and high availability managed file transfer solution.
Example Uses of the JSCAPE MFT Gateway
- Add an extra layer of security to help achieve PCI DSS, HIPAA, SOX and GLBA compliance requirements
- Stream content from internal network to Internet based users without storing any content in the DMZ
- Eliminate the need to open ports to your internal network and maintain complex firewall configurations
- Add high availability load balancing to your network services
Reverse Proxy & Load Balancer Feature Summary
- Platform independent with installers for Windows, Linux, Solaris, UNIX and Mac OS X
- Support for any TCP/IP protocol including FTP/S, SFTP/SSH, HTTP/S, SMTP, MySQL and more
- Keeps sensitive data out of the DMZ
- Load balance connections between multiple servers for high availability
- User credentials are maintained on your internal network
- No client software and seamless integration with existing network applications
How It Works
1. Reverse proxy service is created in JSCAPE MFT Gateway Server and listens for incoming connections on Reverse Proxy Service Port.
2. One or more instances of JSCAPE MFT Gateway Agent are registered with JSCAPE MFT Gateway Server. * See Notes
3. Client establishes connection to reverse proxy service via Reverse Proxy Service Port.
4. JSCAPE MFT Gateway Server delegates incoming Client connection to a registered JSCAPE MFT Gateway Agent. * See Notes
5. JSCAPE MFT Gateway Agent performs connection on behalf of Client and returns available response data to JSCAPE MFT Gateway Server, which is then streamed back to the Client. * See Notes
Use of JSCAPE MFT Gateway Agent is optional. If JSCAPE MFT Gateway Agent is not used then JSCAPE MFT Gateway Server will perform all connections on behalf of Client v.s. delegating these connections to an agent. JSCAPE MFT Gateway Agent is required only to avoid opening inbound ports to Private Network.